Sunday, August 8, 2010

Poetry:

This is from an online writing contest I had entered, it was suppose to be about your self using opposites:

I look in the mirror to see a face.
Deep down into those light brown eyes,
I am.
I am who i am, no one can judge.
I am strong, but i am weak.
I am beautiful, but i am grotesque.
I try and make things work,
I try and shine a light, but sometimes it just doesn't work.
I am a poet, who wishes she can write.
I am a child, who puts up a fight.
I write lyrics to be heard,
to tell a story of what i am.
But in the end its no happily ever after
its just me,
and that all i can be.

This was something I wrote awhile back, when I was really upset because of my friend being so far away:

And I would run miles for you.
Miles
Minutes
Hours
Days
Weeks
Months
Years.
I would run forever to get to you,
forever because I love you,
forever because I need you.
No matter how long it takes,
I will get to you.

All the grass that separates us
mixed with all the air
creates an atmosphere
of space.

That I will have to fight,
to get to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment