Monday, August 9, 2010

Manolo Blahnik

So In sixth grade my friend and I had to do a project, and we chose the topic of Manolo Blahnik! Now I heard of him a little before but I was never so aware of his shoes and how special they are. Ever since that project, I have been obsessed. If I could only have one pair of shoes for my whole life, I would choose a pair of Manolo Blahnik's. I literally no everything about him and his work. Some kids have an obsession with Justin Beiber or the Jonas brothers, but no. Not me. I have an serious obsession with Manolo.
This is one of the first shoes he designed:
They where designed for the Ossie Clark Show in 1971.

The heels of his shoes are his most special part, they are still handmade and crafted by Manolo himself.

My favorite quote by him:
“About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total madness and the rest arebread-and-butter designs.”

Recent Designs:
this was from is summer 2010 collection

No comments:

Post a Comment